Xiaomi pushed the much-awaited MIUI 12.5 update on the Mi 11X just a few months back. Now the brand has started pushing the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced update globally.
Users in the Indian market are now receiving the latest OTA, which brings in the missing functionality that MIUI 12.5 update promised early on. This includes the Focused Algorithm that, as per the brand, are a set of tweaks that are focused on each device model and work independently. Apart from this, the OTA gains the Atomised Memory to free up RAM and Liquid storage. The transitions on the new 12.5 build are smooth, system animations are tapered, and we get a lot more cool features that you will appreciate on this flagship-level smartphone. This guide will show you the steps to download and install this latest update on the Mi 11X.
Before getting started with the guide, let us explore the device first. Mi 11X gets a large 6.67-inch E4 spec AMOLED panel from Samsung with a peak brightness of more than 1100 nits and a rather small 2.4mm punch-hole that houses the selfie camera. The phone also gets support for a 120Hz refresh rate powered by the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 Soc.
The phone has a triple-rear camera module on the optics front with a main 48-megapixel shooter, assisted with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens and a 5-megapixel macro sensor. In addition, on the front, there is a 20-megapixel selfie shooter that is housed in a punch-hole cutout. All this is juiced by a rather moderate 4,520mAh battery that supports up to 33W fast charging.
The method we will be following here is the manual installation which is using the updater app. The process is simple, risk-free and you don’t need to unlock the bootloader or flash the ROM using a custom recovery.
MIUI 12.5 Enhanced update on Xiaomi Mi 11X
- You need to download the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced files from here.
- Make sure the device is at least 60% charged.
- Back up all the important data as the process will fully reset the phone.
Procedure to install MIUI 12.5 Enhanced using Recovery Method (Updater app)
- Download and transfer the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced file into the internal storage of your phone.
- Make sure the battery is charged above 60%.
- Now on your phone, open the Settings app, and pull up the updater page.
- Tap on Menu (three dots) in the top right corner and select the Choose update package option.
- If you don’t see the option of choosing the package, tap multiple times on the MIUI 12 logo, and it should work now.
- After getting into the Choose update package option, Select the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced zip file and tap OK.
- The phone should now initialize the package and start the flashing process.
- Post the initialization; you should see the phone reboot. The first boot can take some time, so don’t panic.
If you followed the above-mentioned steps accurately, the phone should boot with the latest MIUI 12.5 Enhanced update. You might find some subtle changes done to the User Experience. This is still the very first build, and Mi 11X happens to be the very first product to get this update so that you might encounter some bugs.