There has been some pushback with the Mi community regarding the buds the MIUI 12 had on multiple smartphone models. Taking cognizance of that, Xiaomi has been a task to push the latest MIUI 12.5 update to as many handsets as possible.
The latest smartphone to get this latest MIUI 12.5 update is the recently announced Mi 11X. This new MIUI 12.5 update is heavily focused on security and privacy, with Xiaomi giving the option to users to cut down on preinstalled apps. This new MIUI version can be called a polished MIUI 12 build that was riddled with bugs. The transitions on the new 12.5 build are smooth, system animations are tapered, and we get a lot more cool features that you will appreciate on this flagship-level smartphone.
In this guide, we will show you the steps to download and install this latest update on the Mi 11X. But before getting started with the guide, let us explore the device first. Mi 11X gets a large 6.67-inch E4 spec AMOLED panel from Samsung with a peak brightness of more than 1100 nits and a rather small 2.4mm punch-hole that houses the selfie camera. The phone also gets support for a 120Hz refresh rate and is powered by the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 Soc.
On the optics front, the phone has a triple-rear camera module with a main 48-megapixel shooter, assisted with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens, and a 5-megapixel macro sensor. On the front there is a 20-megapixel selfie shooter, that is housed in a punch-hole cutout. All this is juiced by a rather moderate 4,520mAh battery which comes with support for up to 33W fast charging.
The method we will be following here is the manual installation which is using the updater app. The process is simple, risk-free and you don’t need to unlock the bootloader or flash the ROM using a custom recovery.
MIUI 12.5 update on Xiaomi Mi 11X
We would strongly recommend sticking to the instructions mentioned line by line, so you don’t end up with a bricked smartphone.
- You need to download the MIUI 12.5 files from here.
- Make sure the device is at least 60% charged.
- Back up all the important data as the process will fully reset the phone.
Procedure to install MIUI 12.5 using Recovery Method (Updater app)
- Download and transfer the MIUI 12.5 file into the internal storage of your phone.
- Make sure the battery is charged above 60%.
- Now on your phone, open the Settings app, and pull up the updater page.
- Tap on Menu (three dots) in the top right corner and select the Choose update package option.
- If you don’t see the option of choosing the package, tap multiple times on the MIUI 12 logo and it should work now.
- After getting into the Choose update package option, Select the MIUI 12.5 zip file and tap on OK.
- The phone should now initialize the package and start the flashing process.
- Post the initialization, you should see the phone reboot. The first boot can take some time so don’t panic.
If you followed the above-mentioned steps accurately, the phone should boot with the latest MIUI 12.5 update. At the very first boot, you should notice some new changes, while this new ROM has some of the MIUI 12.5 specific features implemented. More should land on you soon in the coming weeks via OTA updates.