Xiaomi just announced the return of the Mi Mix series and the first phone is Mi Mix Fold. This is the company’s first foldable smartphone and is exclusively for the Chinese market as of now.
The phone packs an 8.01” WQHD+ resolution flexible internal display with a 60Hz refresh rate and 120Hz touch sampling rate. The display used here is OLED and has a peak brightness of 900nits and also comes with support for MEMC. The outer display 6.52-inch AMOLED panel with a 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 888 with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB of internal storage. One of the phone’s highlighting is the bigger cooling system and a liquid lens. In terms of optics, there is a 108MP main camera, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle camera and a liquid lens that can change the radius of curvature using a high-precision motor to offer 3X optical zoom, up to 30X telephoto, and a minimum focus distance of 3cm.
To accommodate this camera setup, the phone also has a custom build Surge C1 image processing chip for improved 3A algorithm and low-light focus capabilities which has been developed by Xiaomi in-house. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and comes in both standard versions with Gorilla Glass 5 protection and Ceramic edition just like Mi 11 Ultra. There is also a quad speakers setup with SOUND BY Harman Kardon and 3D spatial audio.
There is a 5,020mAh battery with dual-battery parallel architecture, with support for 67W fast charging that can fully charge the phone in 37 minutes.
Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch Quad HD+ OLED panel with 60Hz refresh rate, 900 nits brightness, MEMC, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch FHD AMOLED external display, 90Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10+
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- Rear Camera: 108MP Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor (f/1.75), liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens (f/2.4)
- Front Camera: 20MP selfie shooter
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC
- 5,020mAh double-cell battery with 67W wired fast charging
Pricing & Availability
The Mi MIX Fold is priced at 9,999 yuan (INR 1,11,900 approx.) for the 12GB/256GB variant and 10,999 yuan (INR 1,22,999 approx.) for the 12GB/512GB glass back version and 16GB/512GB Ceramic Special Edition costs 12,999 yuan (INR 1,45,500 approx.). The phone is now available for pre-order and will go on sale in China starting April 16th.