Xiaomi just announced Mi 11 Pro and Mi 11 Ultra at their Mega Launch Event after much teasing. These two new phones join the ever-expanding Mi 11 series with the Mi 11 Ultra now being the flagship model for the brand.
These phones pack a 6.81-inch E4 AMOLED quad curved DotDisplay with a 120Hz refresh rate and touch sampling rate of 480Hz. These are Dobly Vision certified displays with a peak brightness of 1,700 nits, MEMC, and HDR10+ support. According to the brand, these are the most expensive displays ever used on a smartphone.
The phones also have Corning Gorilla Glass Victus for better scratch and drop resistance. Under the hood, both these phones are powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB of UFS3.1 storage for the Ultra variant. Perhaps the highlighting feature on the Mi 11 Ultra is the 1.1-inch AMOLED secondary always-on display on the back for notifications and selfie preview.
In terms of optics, the Mi 11 Pro / Ultra series is the first phone to come with a 50MP 1/1.12″ custom Samsung GN2 sensor with 1.4 μm pixel size and OIS support. Both models have a triple camera setup on the back and use a fairly similar sensor layout. The Mi 11 Pro has a 13MP 123° ultra-wide and an 8MP telephoto camera with support for 5x optical and up to 50x digital zoom. While the Mi 11 Ultra has a 48MP 128° ultra-wide-angle lens with a Sony IMX586 sensor and a 48MP Sony IMX586 telephoto camera with OIS, as well as a TOF sensor with 64 focus points.
Both the phones come with IP68 water and dust resistant capability. While the Mi 11 Pro has a glass back and the Ultra has a ceramic back. Both models have a 5,000 mAh battery with 67W wired flash charging and 67W wireless fast charging that can fully charge the device in just 36 minutes and also has 10W wireless reverse charging.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro and Mi 11 Ultra specifications
- 6.81-inch Quad HD+ AMOLED panel, 1700 nits (peak) brightness
- 120Hz refresh rate, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Dolby Vision, HDR10 +
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Mi 11 Ultra – 1.1-inch (126 x 294) AMOLED secondary always-on display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 6400MHz RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 12GB LPPDDR5 6400MHz RAM with 256GB / 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- Mi 11 Pro – 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.12″ Samsung ISOCELL GN2 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size (f/1.95), OIS, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens (f/2.4), 8MP telephoto camera (f/3.4), OIS, 5x optical, up to 50x zoom
- Mi 11 Ultra – 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.12″ Samsung ISOCELL GN2 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size (f/1.95), OIS, 48MP 128° ultra-wide-angle lens (Sony IMX586 sensor)(f/2.2), 48MP telephoto camera (Sony IMX586 sensor), OIS, (f/4.1), 5x optical, 10x hybrid, up to 120x zoom, dToF, flicker sensor
- 20MP front-facing camera (f/2.2)
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- IP68 rating
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC
- 5,000mAh battery with 67W wired, 67W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
Pricing & Availability
The Mi 11 Pro comes in Green, Purple, and Black colors, with a starting price of 4999 yuan (INR 55,500 approx.) for the 8GB RAM/128GB version, 5299 yuan (INR 58,900 approx.) for the 8GB/256GB version and the 12GB/256GB version costs 5699 yuan (INR 63,500 approx.).
The Mi 11 Ultra comes in Ceramic Black, Ceramic White, and Marble white colors with a ceramic finish, and a starting price of 5999 yuan (INR 66,500 approx.) for the 8GB/256GB version, 6499 yuan (INR 71,999 approx.) for the 12GB/256GB version and the 12GB/512GB version costs 6999 yuan (INR 77,900 approx.). These are available for pre-order and will go on sale starting April 2nd.
The Mi 11 Ultra 12GB/256GB variant will be available in Europe for 1199 Euros (INR 1,02,900 approx.).
At the same event, Xiaomi also announced an 80W wireless charging stand which is priced at 499 yuan (INR 5,500 approx.).