After much teasing, Xiaomi announced the Mi MIX 4 in the Chinese market. The phone features a 6.67’-inch AMOLED 3D curved 10-bit display with 120Hz refresh rate and 480Hz touch sampling rate.
This is the very first commercial Xiaomi smartphone with under display camera technology. As per Xiaomi, this technology offers a 400 PPI seamless viewing in the camera zone thereby matching the pixel density, brightness, and color detail of the surrounding screen. This 20MP under display camera is the best in the business as per the brand.
The MIX 4 is also the first phone to be powered by Snapdragon 888+ SoC with improved efficiency and AI capabilities. In terms of optics, the MIX 4 has a 108MP main camera with 1/1.33″ Samsung HMX sensor, 13MP ultra-wide-angle camera with optical free-form lens and a 8MP periscope camera with 5x optical zoom and 50x digital zoom. The phone gets a ceramic unibody build with an internal antenna assembly for better 5G/4G signals.
This is also the first phone from Xiaomi to feature Ultra-Wide Band (UWB) technology and is compatible with select smart home products from the brand. The phone packs a 4,500mAh battery with 120W wired fast charging and 50W wireless fast charging with 0 to 100% in under 15 minutes and 28 minutes with wired charging and wireless charging respectively.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 specifications
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ 10-bit AMOLED display
- 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10+,
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus Protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Plus processor
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB/12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 108MP Samsung HMX sensor, 13MP 120° free-form ultra-wide camera, 8MP periscope camera with 5x optical zoom, up to 50x digital zoom
- 20MP Under screen front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Hi-Res audio, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, UWB, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC
- 4,500mAh battery with 120W wired, 50W wireless charging
Pricing & Availability
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 comes in Ceramic Gray, Ceramic White and Ceramic Black colours. It is priced at 4,999 yuan (INR 57,500 approx.) for the 8GB + 128GB model, 5,299 yuan (INR 60,900 approx.) for the 8GB + 256GB model, 5,799 yuan (INR 66,700 approx.) for the 12GB + 256GB model and 6,299 yuan (INR 72,500 approx.) for the 12GB+512GB model. The phone is now available for pre-order and will go on sale in China starting August 16th.