At the Xiaomi Mega launch event, we also saw the brand announce the Mi 11i. Generally, the ‘i’ models are exclusively made for the Indian market but the Mi 11i seems to be an exception.
If we go through the specs and general design of the phone, it basically is a Redmi K40 Pro+ rebadged with a Mi logo for Global markets. We already saw, POCO rebadge the Redmi K40 as POCO F3 recently. The Mi 11i packs a 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED screen, with a 120Hz refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling rate. This is a Samsung-made E4 panel and has above 90% DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10+, and 8,192 levels of dimming zones.
There is also a 2.76mm ultra-small punch-hole that we saw on the Redmi K40 series that houses the 20MP selfie camera. The phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with 8GB of LPPDDR5 RAM and up to 256GB of USF3.1 storage. There is also the new liquid-cooling 3D heat dissipation tech packed in here.
In terms of optics, the phone features a 108MP Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide lens, and a 5MP 50mm tele-macro lens. Other features include X-axis linear motors, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, and Audio Zoom for video. There is also a 4,520mAh battery that supports up to 33W wired charging and can charge the phone from 0 to 100% in just 52 minutes.
Mi 11i specifications
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ E4 AMOLED panel, 1300nits peak brightness
- MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11, MIUI 12.5 (OTA)
- Rear Cameras: 108MP rear camera Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor (f/1.75), 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens (f/2.2), 5MP tele-macro camera (f/2.4)
- 20MP front-facing camera (f/2.4)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC
- 4,520mAh battery with 33W wired fast charging
Pricing & Availablity
The Xiaomi Mi 11i comes in Celestial Silver, Frosty White, and Cosmic Black colors, with prices starting at 649 Euros (INR 55,900 approx.) for the 8GB/128GB version and the 8GB/256GB version costs 699 Euros (INR 59,900 approx.). The phone will be sold globally except for the Chinese market. For the Indian market, it is expected to be rebranded as Mi 11X Pro.