POCO just announced the POCO F3, the company’s latest smartphone in the popular F series. This as we reported earlier, is a rebranded Redmi K40 for the Global market. The phone packs a 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED panel with a 120Hz refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling rate.
There is also support for HDR10+, with 8,192 levels of dimming and an ultra-small punch-hole to house the selfie camera. The POCO F3 comes powered by Snapdragon 870 SoC which is a 5G chip a step above the Snapdragon 865 series. The phone gets up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of UFS3.1 storage.
In terms of optics, you get to see a triple camera setup on the back with a main 48MP IMX582 sensor, 8MP ultra-wide, and 5MP telephoto macro lens. There is also a 20MP selfie camera tucked away in the punch-hole on the front. Apart from this, the phone also gets a host of other features including, LiquidCool Technology 1.0 Plus, X-axis linear motors, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, and Audio Zoom for video.
The phone is juiced by a 4,520mAh battery which supports up to 33W wired charging that can charge from 0 to 100% in just 52 minutes.
POCO F3 Specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display
- HDR10+, MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nits peak brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 processor with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- Rear Camera: 48MP Sony IMX582 sensor (f/1.79), 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens (f/2.4), 5MP telemacro camera (f/2.4)
- Front Camera: 20MP (f/2.4)
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Infrared sensor, USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC,
- 4,520mAh battery with 33W wired fast charging
Pricing and Availability
POCO F3 comes in Arctic White, Night Black, and Deep Ocean Blue colors. It comes in at a starting price of 349 euros (INR 30,000 approx.) for the 6GB RAM/128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM/256GB storage version costs 399 Euros (INR 34,500 approx.). Early bird pricing is 299 Euros (INR 25,900 approx.) and 349 Euros (INR 30,000 approx.), respectively and the phone will be on early bird sale from March 27th to April 6th.