Last week out of nowhere, the Redmi 10 popped up on a Singaporean e-tailer portal. This was the first time an unannounced Redmi phone had been spotted in the wild like that.
Now Redmi has officially blown the covers off the Redmi 10. The phone packs a 6.5-inch FHD+ LCD panel with 90Hz refresh rate. Under the hood it gets the yet to be announced MediaTek Helio G88 SoC. There is a quad-camera setup on the back with a main 50MP sensor, along with an 8MP ultra-wide and two 2MP sensors.
In terms of the design, the phone looks like a mix between the POCO X3 GT and the Mi 10 Ultra. The phone runs Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 and comes in a plethora of colors. It packs a 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, and comes with an in-box 22.5W charger.
Redmi 10 specifications
- 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS LCD, 90Hz refresh rate
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- MediaTek Helio G88
- ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11 with MIUI 12
- 50MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide sensor, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor
- 8MP front camera
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
Pricing & Availability
The Redmi 10 will come in Sea Blue, Pebble White and Carbon Gray colours. It is priced at US$ 179 (INR 13,500 approx.) for 4/64GB model, US$ 199 (INR 14,900 approx.) for 4/128GB model and US$ 219 (INR 16,500 approx.) for the 6/128GB model. All these models will be on sale starting August 20th. Following this launch, Redmi will announce this phone in other markets as well.