In a surprising turn of events, Poco just announced a new smartphone, the Poco C31, in the Indian market. Though a mysterious smartphone was being teased on Flipkart, we never thought this would be an ultra-budget product.
The phone packs a 6.53-inch HD+ LCD water-drop notch display and is powered by MediaTek Helio G35 SoC. We get a 13-megapixel primary camera, a 2-megapixel macro, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor in terms of optics. In addition, there is a 5-megapixel camera on the front handling the selfies.
The phone gets a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5,000mAh battery with support for 10W charging. The highlighting factor here is the battery insurance, with the brand claiming 1,000 charge cycles before the battery shows signs of degradation.
POCO C3 specifications
- 6.53-inch HD+ IPS LCD panel
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G35 processor
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3/4 GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32/64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- 13MP rear (f/2.2), 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensor
- 5MP (f/2.2) front camera
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Splash-proof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5,000mAh battery with 10w charging
Pricing & Availability
The Poco C31 comes in Shadow Grey and Royal Blue colors. It is priced at INR 8,499 for the 3/32GB version, and the 4/64GB version costs INR 9,499. During the Big Billion Days sale, the phone will be available for INR 7,999 and INR 8,999.