There was a time when only avid users were the only ones flashing Custom ROMs on their smartphones. But a lot has been changed over the years. The need for custom ROMs rose due to the non-availability of software updates by the manufacturers of the users who were not that happy with the currently provided features.
Among the custom ROMs, perhaps the newest one that is gaining quite a momentum is the Pixel Experience ROM. Before we get into the nitty-gritty let’s talk about Redmi Note 7 first. The phone is one of the best-selling options in Redmi’s arsenal. It features a bright Full HD+ LCD on the front with a dew-drop notch. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 AIE does the heavy lifting which is backed by either 4/6 GB RAM depending on the variant.
We get to see a dual-camera module on the rear which is quite capable of taking good shots and an equally well selfie shooter lies on the front. Running the show is a massive battery that is charged via 18W fast charging. The phone is available in a plethora of shades offering something to everyone.
READ | How to Install Google Camera 8 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
As the name suggests, the ROM is popular for the stock experience it provides. At the core you get the same experience that a Google Pixel would provide and depend on the device there might be Pixel-only features ported as well. The ROM has been lately making a cult following which the like of LineageOS had.
Benefits of Custom ROM
- Ability to switch experience
- Added features
- They don’t carry bloatware
- Custom kernels
- Ability to get the latest Android updates early
- Performance improvements
- Could increase the life of your smartphone.
Disclaimer: EverythingXiaomi.com is not responsible for any kind of damage to data or devices while performing this task. Flashing a custom recovery or a custom ROM voids the device’s warranty and might result in full data loss. You are proceeding at your own risk.
READ | How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi Note 7
How To Install Pixel Experience on Redmi Note 7
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro should have an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB drivers.
- Ensure at least 60% battery before proceeding to flash the ROM.
- Download Pixel Experience ROM Android 11.
- Download ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC/Laptop
- Backup data on any external media, as the installation will format the phone’s storage.
Steps To Install Pixel Experience ROM Android 11
- First of all, enable developer options by heading to the Settings > About and then tap Build Number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Option in the phone settings.
- Now, unlock the bootloader and install custom recovery on Redmi Note 7.
- Download the Pixel Experience ROM file from the links above.
- Now, boot into the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up + Power button.
- Upon booting into the recovery mode, go to Backup and make a Full Backup of the current ROM just to be sure.
- Now get to the Wipe Menu and press Advanced Wipe to clear Cache and System partitions. (Note: Select System and Cache)
- Confirm the action by pressing Swipe to Wipe.
- After successfully wiping system partitions and cache, go back to the Install and locate the PixelExperience.zip from the storage.
- Now, flash the Pixel Experience ROM zip by tapping Install and press swipe to begin.
- The above process could take a few minutes to sit back and relax.
- Once the process is done, boot into the recovery and repeat the Wipe process but just clear the Cache and Dalvik Cache
- After this, reboot into the system. Once the ROM is booted and you are done with the setup, you could boot into the recovery again and remove the ROM backups while keeping the storage intact.
If you stuck to the guide carefully, you should have a working phone with the latest Pixel Experience ROM build running. First boots always take some time so don’t panic. In case the phone doesn’t boot into the new ROM, just boot into the Recovery and restore the backup and again perform the install process from the very beginning.