Xiaomi released the MIUI 12.5 build for the Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro recently and in this post, we will guide you through the steps to install that on your phone. MIUI developers have been busy providing the latest builds for more smartphones.
This new MIUI 12.5 build focuses on security and overall user experience. There are some notable changes compared to MIUI 12 which are much more enjoyable on Xiaomi flagships just like the Mi 11X Pro. But visually this new MIUI build is very similar to MIUI 12. With MIUI 12.5, Xiaomi gives the option to users to cut down on preinstalled apps. This update provides a bit more polished experience overall when compared to the current MIUI build.
In this guide, we will show you the steps to download and install this latest update on the Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro. But before getting started with the guide, let us explore the device first. Mi 11X Pro gets a large 6.67-inch E4 spec AMOLED panel from Samsung with a peak brightness of more than 1100 nits and a rather small 2.4mm punch-hole that houses the selfie camera. The phone also gets support for a 120Hz refresh rate and is powered by the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Soc. The phone is available in multiple storage options with up to 8GB RAM and 256GB storage.
On the optics front, the phone has a triple-rear camera module with the flagship Samsung-made 108-megapixel shooter, assisted with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens, and a 5-megapixel macro sensor. On the front there is a 20-megapixel selfie shooter, that is housed in a punch-hole cutout. All this is juiced by a rather moderate 4,520mAh battery which comes with support for up to 33W fast charging.
READ | How to install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro
The method we will be following here is the manual installation which is using the updater app. The process is simple, risk-free and you don’t need to unlock the bootloader or flash the ROM using a custom recovery.
Disclaimer: EverythingXiaomi.com is not responsible for any kind of damage to data or devices while performing this task. Flashing a custom ROM and recovery voids the device’s warranty and might result in full data loss. You are proceeding at your own risk.
How To Download & Install MIUI 12.5 Update on Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro
We would strongly recommend sticking to the instructions mentioned line by line, so you don’t end up with a bricked smartphone.
- You need to download the MIUI 12.5 files from here.
- Make sure the device is at least 60% charged.
- Back up all the important data as the process will fully reset the phone.
Steps To Install MIUI 12.5 Update on Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro using Recovery Method (Updater app)
- Download and transfer the MIUI 12.5 file into the internal storage of your phone.
- Make sure the battery is charged above 60%.
- Now on your phone, open the Settings app, and pull up the updater page.
- Tap on Menu (three dots) in the top right corner and select the Choose update package option.
- If you don’t see the option of choosing the package, tap multiple times on the MIUI 12 logo and it should work now.
- After getting into the Choose update package option, Select the MIUI 12.5 zip file and tap on OK.
- The phone should now initialize the package and start the flashing process.
- Post the initialization, you should see the phone reboot. The first boot can take some extra time, so don’t panic.
READ | Guide to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro
Conclusion [Install MIUI 12.5 on Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro]
If you followed the above-mentioned steps accurately, the phone should boot with the latest MIUI 12.5 update. At the very first boot, you should notice some new changes, while this new ROM has some of the MIUI 12.5 specific features implemented. More should land on you soon in the coming weeks via OTA updates.