Xiaomi just announced Mi 11 Ultra at their latest launch event in the country after much teasing. The Mi 11 Ultra also happens to be the costliest smartphone from the brand in the country.
The phone pack a 6.81-inch E4 AMOLED quad curved DotDisplay with a 120Hz refresh rate and touch sampling rate of 480Hz. This is a Dobly Vision certified display with a peak brightness of 1,700 nits, MEMC, and HDR10+ support. According to the brand, these are the most expensive displays ever used on a smartphone.
The Mi 11 Ultra has Corning Gorilla Glass Victus for better scratch and drops resistance. Under the hood, both these phones are powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB of UFS3.1 storage for the Ultra variant. Perhaps the highlighting feature on the Mi 11 Ultra is the 1.1-inch AMOLED secondary always-on display on the back for notifications and selfie preview.
Talking about the camera, the Mi 11 Ultra is the first phone to come with a 50MP 1/1.12″ custom Samsung GN2 sensor with 1.4 μm pixel size and OIS support. Along with this, there is a 48MP 128° ultra-wide-angle lens with a Sony IMX586 sensor and a 48MP Sony IMX586 telephoto camera with OIS, as well as a TOF sensor with 64 focus points.
The phone has a ceramic back, comes with IP68 water and dust resistant capability, and packs a 5,000 mAh battery with 67W wired flash charging and 67W wireless fast charging that can fully charge the device in just 36 minutes and also has 10W wireless reverse charging.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra specifications
- 6.81-inch Quad HD+ AMOLED panel, 1700 nits (peak) brightness
- 120Hz refresh rate, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Dolby Vision, HDR10 +
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- 1.1-inch (126 x 294) AMOLED secondary always-on display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 6400MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- Rear Camera – 50MP with 1/ 1.12″ Samsung ISOCELL GN2 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size (f/1.95), OIS, 48MP 128° ultra-wide-angle lens (Sony IMX586 sensor)(f/2.2), 48MP telephoto camera (Sony IMX586 sensor), OIS, (f/4.1), 5x optical, 10x hybrid, up to 120x zoom, dToF, flicker sensor
- 20MP front-facing camera (f/2.2)
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- IP68 rating
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC
- 5,000mAh battery with 67W wired, 67W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
Pricing & Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra comes in Ceramic Black and Ceramic White colors. The phone is priced competitively at INR 69,999 for the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version and will be available from Amazon, mi.com, and Mi Home stores offline soon.