We for a while now know of the existence of a Mi 11 Pro which has been popping up on certifications websites lately. What we didn’t know was the existence of the Mi 11 Ultra, a successor to the Mi 10 Ultra which got leaked today via a hands-on video.
The leak comes via a Filipino YouTube channel called Tech Buff Ph which shows the yet to be launched phone in full glory. From the video we see, that the phone will be available in at least two colours, black and white with a massive rear camera module. The Mi 11 Ultra follows in the footsteps of the Mi 10 Ultra and boasts some serious specs.
The noticeable changes on the Mi 11 Ultra, when compared to the Mi 11, is the triple rear camera module. The phone is said to pack a 50MP rear camera, a 48MP secondary camera, and a 48MP periscope telephoto camera with support for up to 120x zoom. We saw a 48MP periscope telescope camera on the Mi 10 Ultra, so these two should somewhat be same. The camera housing also includes a ‘120X Ultra Pixel AI Camera’ branding, a triple LED flash unit, and a secondary screen.
The Secondary screen on the rear camera housing is something we’re seeing first on a Xiaomi phone. This screen is capable of displaying any app present on the phone. The basic function for this screen that we can make out is for taking crisp selfies using the main 50MP sensor. Apart from this, the Mi 11 Ultra retains the same 6.8-inch Quad HD+ 120Hz AMOLED screen with a punch-hole housing the 20MP selfie camera.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 888 and run Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 on top. We get Gorilla Glass Victus on the front and this is also the very first Xiaomi phone to come with the official IP68 water and dust resistance rating. The phone also comes equipped with Harman Kardon dual speakers just like the ones used on the Mi 11. There is also the use of LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage, 67W fast wired charging, 67W fast wireless charging, and 10W reverse charging.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra specifications (rumoured)
- 6.81-inch Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection, second screen
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 processor with Adreno 660 GPU
- 50MP rear camera, 48MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 48MP periscope telephoto camera with up to 120X zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- Water and dust resistant (IP68), In-screen fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC
- 5,000mAh battery with 67W wired, 67W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
There is no clear indication on the launch and pricing for the Mi 11 Ultra but the phone is rumoured to launch within the next 2-3 weeks in the Chinese market along with the Mi 11 Pro. Apart from this, we might also see a Mi 11 Lite and Mi 10 with the Snapdragon 870 SoC launch very soon.