At their Mega Launch Event along with the Mi 11 Pro and 11 Ultra, Xiaomi also announced the Mi 11 Lite. The phone comes in two flavors, a 4G and a 5GB model with changes done to the processor.
Both of these phones come with a 6.55-inch AMOLED DotDisplay with a 90Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate. They also have HDR10+ support on the 5G and HDR10 support on the 4G model. We see very narrow bezels on the phones, giving them a fairly modern look. They also in-fact have a very small punch-hole on the front to house the selfie camera.
The Mi 11 Lite 5G is the world’s first phone to be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G processor while the 4G model gets the Snapdragon 732G SoC. These get different paint jobs and have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor that doubles as a power-button. Perhaps, one of the highlighting features of the phones is the 6.81mm sleek body and 159 grams weight.
On the optics front, both of these models sport a triple camera setup on the back with a 64MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and 5MP tele-macro camera. As for the gut of it, there is a 4,250mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G and Mi 11 Lite 5G specifications
- 6.55-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen
- 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10 (4G), HDR10+ (5G)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 (4G), Corning Gorilla Glass 6 (5G) protection
- 4G model – Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G processor with Adreno 618 GPU
- 5G model – Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G processor with Adreno 642 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory via microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Rear Cameras: 64MP rear camera (f/1.79), 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor (f/2.2), 5MP telemacro macro camera (f/2.4)
- Front Camera: 16MP (4G) / 20MP (5G)
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- Dual SIM
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (5G) / 802.11 ac dual band (4G), VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC
- 4,250mAh battery with 33W fast charging
Pricing & Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G version comes in Boba Black, Bubblegum Blue, and Peach Pink colors, and starts at 299 Euros (INR 25,700 approx.) for the 6GB/64GB version and also comes in 6GB/128GB version for 349 Euros (INR 29,900 approx.).
The Mi 11 Lite 5G comes in Truffle Black, Mint Green, and Citrus Yellow colors. It starts at 369 Euros (INR 31,700 approx.) 6GB/128GB version and also comes in 8GB RAM/128GB version for 399 Euros (INR 34,200 approx.).
There is no sale date as of now for both of these models, but they will be selling soon Globally including China market. For the Indian market, Xiaomi is only considering launching the 4G version in Mid April.