Xiaomi has been on the roll lately and the brand is all set to disrupt the market in 2021. The brand will be announcing their newest budget-focused 5G smartphone the Mi 10i in India on January 5.
Xiaomi has been teasing the features of the phone and from what we can gather, the Mi 10i will be a rebranded Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G that launched a few weeks back in the Chinese market. The phone will be powered by the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 750 5G SoC and come in 6/8GB RAM variants with up to 256GB UFS2.2 storage.
We will get to see a centre punch-hole LCD with FHD+ resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. In terms of optics, the phone will feature the flagship Samsung made 108MP HM2 sensor that is the being used on the Galaxy Note 20 series as well as the Mi 10 and Mi 10T Pro. Along with this, we will see three more sensors on the back. While Xiaomi has been stressing on the fact that the phone has been tweaked for the Indian market but we don’t see that happening.
Xiaomi Mi 10i specifications
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ LCD with 120Hz refresh rate
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 750G processor with Adreno 619 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP Samsung HM2 sensor (f/1.75), 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor, 2MP depth and 2MP macro sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5)
- 4,820mAh battery with 33W fast charging
We expect the phone to be priced very competitively just like most of the Xiaomi products in the Indian market. Our hope is that the phone will start at INR 20k and go up to INR 27k.