Xiaomi just announced a new smartphone in the Chinese market which is set to replace the CC series. The new Xiaomi Civi builds upon the same principles of the CC series and offers a bit more hardware at a fraction of the cost.
The phone comes with a 6.55-inch 3D curved OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, & 240Hz touch sampling rate. This is a 10-bit TrueColor panel and also comes with support for Dolby Vision out of the box. The phone sports symmetrical bezels on all sides and also has the smallest chin so far on a Xiaomi phone.
The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 778G 5G Mobile Platform with up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of UFS2.2 storage. In terms of optics, the phone has a 64MP main camera, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 2MP macro camera. It has a 32MP autofocus front camera with dual soft LED flash. Other features include a metal frame, in-display fingerprint scanner, Z-axis linear motor, and a moderately sized 4,500mAh battery with support for 55W fast charging.
Xiaomi Civi specifications
- 6.55-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen
- 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, DCI-P3 color gamut
- Snapdragon 778G processor with Adreno 642L GPU
- 8 / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage
- Dual SIM
- 64MP (f/1.79), 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor (f/2.2), 2MP macro (f/2.4)
- 32MP autofocus front camera (f/2.4)
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- In-display fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- Stereo speakers, Hi-res audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/NavIC, NFC
- 4,500mAh battery with 55W fast charging
Pricing & Availability
The Xiaomi Civi comes in Pink, Light Blue, and Shiny Black colors. The phone is priced at 2599 yuan (INR 29,990 approx.) for the 8/128GB version, 2899 yuan (INR 33,500 approx.) for the 8/256GB version, and 3199 yuan (INR 36,700 approx.) for the top-end 12/256GB version. The phone will go on sale from September 30th in China.