Xiaomi just announced Mi 11, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in China. The phone features a 6.81-inch E4 AMOLED quad curved 2K resolution DotDisplay with a peak brightness of 1,500 nits, 120Hz refresh rate and touch sampling rate of 480Hz.
The is among the handful of phones to have Corning Gorilla Glass Victus that offers better scratch and drop resistance. Coming to its guts, the phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor and up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. In terms of optics we see a 108MP large image sensor with OIS support, 12MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens and a 5MP 50mm telephoto macro lens.
For selfie lovers, there is a 20MP Samsung sensor upfront. The phone is juiced by a 4,600 mAh battery with 55W wired flash charging that can fully charge the device in just 45 minutes, 50W wireless fast charging and 10W wireless reverse charging. Following Apple’s footsteps, Xiaomi too has removed the charger from the packaging and you will get it separately if you opt for it.
Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications
- 6.81-inch Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate,
- 1500nit brightness, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 SoC
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera (f/1.85), OIS, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens (f/2.4), 5MP telemacro (f/2.4)
- 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera (f/2.4)
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- Hi-Res Audio, Stereo speakers by Harman Kardon
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC
- 4,600mAh battery with 55W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
Pricing & Availability
The Mi 11 comes in Midnight Gray, Horizon Blue and Frost White colours with a frosted glass back and the Lilac Purple and Honey Beige colours with Vegan leather finish. The Mi 11 8GB/128GB version is priced at 3,999 yuan (INR 44,990 approx.), 8GB/256GB at 4,299 yuan (INR 48,990 approx.) and the top-end 12GB/256GB version costs 4,699 yuan (INR 52,990 approx.). The phone goes on Pre-order today with sales commencing from January 1st. Xiaomi Global has also teased the global launch which should take place sometime in the 2nd week of January.