Redmi in a bit to capture the growing 5G smartphone in Europe just announced a new smartphone. The phone in question is the new Redmi Note 9T. The phone is based on the Mi 10i which was just announced in India.
The Redmi Note 9T packs a 6.53-inch FHD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front. Under the hood, we get to see the MediaTek Dimensity 800U 5G chipset with 4GB LPDDR4X RAM and up to 128GB UFS2.2 storage. There are 4 antennas in total for 360° signal coverage and dynamic auto-switching and the phone uses a machine learning-based temperature control system.
In terms of optics, we get a 48MP rear camera along with a 2MP depth and a 2MP macro camera. The fingerprint sensor is placed on the side, while the Z-axis linear vibration motor makes a comeback. There is also a splash-resistant P2i coating and 3D curved back with a textured fingerprint-resistant finish on the back since the phone sports a polycarbonate back. Powering the phone is a massive 5,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
Redmi Note 9T specifications
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Dimensity 800U processor
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable up to 256GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 48MP rear camera (f/1.79), 2MP depth, and 2MP macro camera (f/2.4)
- 13MP front-facing camera f/2.25)
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Stereo speakers
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC
- 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
Pricing & Availability
The Redmi Note 9T comes in Daybreak Purple and Nightfall Black colors, is priced at 229 Euros (INR 20,990 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and 269 Euros (INR 24,500 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version. Early bird pricing is 199 Euros (INR 17,990 approx.) and 249 Euros (INR 22,990 approx.) respectively. The phone will go on sale starting next week in European markets and could come to India as well with different branding.