Xiaomi’s sub-brand Redmi had been teasing the launch for the Redmi Note 8 2021 model for quite some time. The Redmi Note 8 last year was one of the best Redmi smartphones across global markets.
Following that trend, Redmi announced a refreshed version of the Redmi Note 8, dubbed as the Redmi Note 8 2021. The phone packs a 6.3-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection. It is powered by the MediaTek Helio G85 SoC.
The phone is being offered with 4GB RAM and 64 or 128GB internal storage. It features a 48-megapixel primary rear camera, 8-megapixel 120° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2-megapixel macro sensor, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is also a 13-megapixel camera on the front. The phone has a polycarbonate build with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 4000mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
Redmi Note 8 (2021) specifications
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G85 processor with ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- Rear Cameras: 48MP Samsung GM1 sensor (f/1.79), PDAF, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide-angle lens (f/2.2), 2MP macro lens, and 2MP depth sensor
- 13MP front camera (f/2.0)
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant P2i coating
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
Pricing & Availability
The Redmi Note 8 2021 comes in Neptune Blue, Moonlight White, and Space Black colors. The phone has been listed on mi.com, with no pricing announced as of yet.