Xiaomi’s sub-brand Redmi just announced the all-new Redmi Note 10S in the Indian market. This phone joins the ever-growing Note 10 series and sits between the regular Note 10 and Note 10 Pro.
The phone comes with a 6.43-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with a 60Hz refresh rate just like on the vanilla Note 10 but with a peak brightness of 1100 nits. There is Gorilla Glass 3 protection on both front and back with a thick chin on the bottom. The Note 10S is powered by the MediaTek Helio G95 and comes with 6GB RAM as standard.
It runs the latest Android 11 build with MIUI 12.5 on top which will be getting a full ROM treatment with the coming OTA update. On the optics front, we get to see a quad-camera setup on the back with a 64-megapixel sensor, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, 2-megapixel depth, and 2-megapixel portrait cameras. On the front, there is a 13-megapixel sensor for selfies.
Apart from this, the phone features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Z-axis linear vibration motor, IP53 ratings for water resistance, stereo speakers, and packs a 5,000mAh battery with 33W fast charging that can charge up to 54% in 30 minutes.
Redmi Note 10S specifications
- 6.43-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G95 processor with 900MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory via microSD
- 64MP rear camera with, 0.7μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 118° ultra-wide sensor, 2MP depth, and 2MP macro camera
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio
- IP-53 rating
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 5,000mAh battery with 33W fast charging
Pricing & Availability
The Redmi Note 10S comes in Shadow Black, Frost White, and Deep Sea Blue colors. It is priced at INR 14,999 for the 6GB/64GB version and the 6GB/128GB version costs INR 15,999. It will be available from Amazon, Mi.com, Mi Home stores, and retail stores offline starting May 18th.