Xiaomi’s sub-brand Redmi has also forayed into the Smart TV segment in the Chinese market. While for India we still get the Xiaomi TVs under Mi branding we should also see a change soon.
Last year Xiaomi announced one of the biggest TVs in the Chinese market and the brand is back with the Redmi MAX 86-inch Smart TV this year. This is smaller in comparison to the 98-inch TV that is already on sale right now. This new TV features a 10-bit 4K LED panel with a 92% DCI-P3 Color gamut.
It comes with native support for Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10+, HDR10, and HLG. Under the hood, it is powered by the MediaTeak Quad-core MT9650 processor with Mali-G52 MC1 GPU. It comes with 2GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. In terms of I/O, we get three HDMI 3 ports, two USB ports, S/PDIF, and an ethernet port. There is support for dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0.
It runs on a forked version of Android with Xiaomi’s Patchwall UI on top. The TV also offers a 120Hz high refresh rate, MEMC technology for immersive viewing with sports content.
Redmi Max 86-inch specifications
- 86-inch (3840 × 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle
- HDR 10, HLG, HDR10+, 92% DCI-P3 color gamut
- 120Hz MEMC motion compensation
- Quad-Core MediaTek MT9650 processor with Mali-G52 MC1 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage
- Android with PatchWall UI on top
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, 3 x HDMI: 3 (including one 4K120Hz, including one eARC), 2 x USB, S/PDIF, Ethernet
- Automatic low latency mode (ALLM), variable refresh rate (VRR) support
- Supports Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR10, H.265, H.264, Real, MPEG1/2/4
- AI AQ, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos, DTS -HD
- 2 × 12.5W speaker
Pricing & Availability
The Redmi Max 86-inch Smart TV is priced at 7,999 yuan (INR 90,500 approx.) and will go on sale in China starting March 4th.