After much teasing, Xiaomi’s sub-brand Redmi today announced the Redmi K40 series in China. Under this series, the brand announced three new phones, the K40, K40 Pro, and the K40 Pro+.
The Redmi K40 now seems to be ‘the flagship killer’ of 2021. The phone packs a 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED screen with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, and 360Hz touch sampling rate. The display follows the DCI-P3 color gamut, is HDR10+ certified with 8,192 levels of dimming. The display is being supplied by Samsung and is of the same quality being used on Mi 11.
The phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC and comes in three different RAM and storage options. In terms of optics, the phone packs a triple-camera setup on the back with the main 48MP IMX582 sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide and a 5MP 50mm telephoto macro lens. It also has a 2.76mm ultra-small punch-hole that houses a 20MP camera.
Apart from this the phone sports Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos and Audio Zoom for video, X-axis linear motors, and more. Running all this is a 4,520mAh battery that supports up to 33W wired charging that can charge from 0 to 100% in just 52 minutes.
Redmi K40 Specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display
- HDR10+, MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nits peak brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 processor with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- Rear Camera: 48MP Sony IMX582 sensor (f/1.79), 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens (f/2.4), 5MP telemacro camera (f/2.4)
- Front Camera: 20MP (f/2.4)
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Infrared sensor, USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC,
- 4,520mAh battery with 33W wired fast charging
Pricing and Availability
The Redmi K40 comes in Glossy Black, Icy White, and Dreamland colors. Pricing starts at 1,999 yuan (INR 22,500 approx.) for the 6GB RAM/128GB storage version, 8GB RAM/128GB storage version costs 2,199 yuan (INR 24,990 approx.), 8GB RAM/256GB storage version costs 2,499 yuan (INR 28,500 approx.) and the 12GB RAM/256GB storage version costs 2,699 yuan (INR 30,500 approx.).