Xiaomi’s sub-brand Redmi lifted the covers over the Redmi K40 series today in China. Under this series, the brand announced three new phones, the K40, K40 Pro, and the K40 Pro+.
Both the Redmi K40 Pro and the K40 Pro+ pack the same internals for the most part while some changes are done on the camera department. The phones pack a 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED screen with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, and 360Hz touch sampling rate. The display follows the DCI-P3 color gamut, is HDR10+ certified with 8,192 levels of dimming.
Both the phones are powered by the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC with support for 5G. They come with Android 11 with MIUI 12 on top with the MIUI 12.5 update to land very soon. In terms of camera, the Redmi K40 Pro packs a 64MP Sony IMX686 sensor, and Pro+ uses a 108MP Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor.
The remaining two sensors, an 8MP ultra-wide and a 5MP 50mm telephoto macro lens remain the same on both models. They also have a 2.76mm ultra-small punch-hole that houses a 20MP camera. Apart from this the phone sports Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos and Audio Zoom for video, X-axis linear motors, and more. Running all this is a 4,520mAh battery that supports up to 33W wired charging that can charge from 0 to 100% in just 52 minutes.
Redmi K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ Specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display
- HDR10+, MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nits peak brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- Rear Camera (K40 Pro): 64MP Sony IMX686 sensor, 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens (f/2.4), 5MP telemacro camera (f/2.4)
- Rear Camera (K40 Pro+): 108MP Samsung IOCELL HM2 sensor, 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens (f/2.4), 5MP telemacro camera (f/2.4)
- Front Camera: 20MP (f/2.4)
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Infrared sensor, USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dual 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC,
- 4,520mAh battery with 33W wired fast charging
Pricing and Availability
The Redmi K40 series comes in Glossy Black, Icy White, and Dreamland colors. K40 Pro pricing starts at 2,799 yuan (INR 31,500 approx.) for the 6GB RAM/128GB storage version, 8GB RAM/128GB storage version costs 2,999 yuan (INR 33,990 approx.) and the 8GB RAM/256GB storage version costs 3,299 yuan (INR 37,500 approx.).
The K40 Pro+ with 12GB RAM/256GB storage version costs 3,699 yuan (INR 41,900 approx.) and will be available by the end of March.