Xiaomi’s Sub-brand Redmi today launched the Redmi 9 Power in the Indian market. The phone features a 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD Dotdrop screen with 90.34% screen-to-body ratio and an all polycarbonate build.
It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 SoC, packs a Quad camera setup on the back with a 48-megapixel primary sensor along with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, 2-megapixel 4cm macro sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is also an 8-megapixel camera on the front. There is also a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for ease of use.
We also get a pair of stereo speakers and to power all of this there is a 6,000mAh battery that promises up to 26h FHD video playback, 13.5h of gaming and up to 45h VoLTE calling. The phone supports 18W fast charging with 22.5W fast charger in the box.
Redmi 9 Power specifications
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD screen
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 662 SoC with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- 48MP Samsung GM1 sensor (f/1.79), 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor (f/2.2), 2MP depth sensor and 2MP macro sensor (f/2.4)
- 8MP front camera (f/2.0)
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, IR sensor, FM Radio, Stereo speakers
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (dual band), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 6,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi 9 Power comes in Mighty Black, Fiery Red, Electric Green and Blazing Blue colours, is priced at INR 10,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant, 4GB RAM with 128GB storage variant comes in at INR 11,999. The phone will be available from Amazon, mi.com and Mi Home Stores, Mi Studios and Mi Stores starting from December 22nd.