Redmi just debuted their Smart TV lineup in the Indian market. This makes India the second market after China where Redmi branded Smart TVs are up for sale. Redmi brought their X smart TV series to India in a variety of sizes.
The 50, 55, and 65-inch 4K TV models have Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR 10+, HLG, and the Reality Flow tech with the dedicated MEMC chip and have Automatic Low Latency Mode (ALLM) for better gaming performance. This Tv lineup runs Android TV 10 with support for Google Assistant and Chromecast built-in. The TVs are future-proof, and all HDMI ports feature HDMI 2.1 and also support Dolby Atmos via eARC.
These TVs have 30W speakers with DTS Virtual:X and Dolby audio and are the first TVs from the company to get the Smart Home app that lets you check the status from the Xiaomi IoT devices. They get the same remote that Mi TVs have but with the Redmi branding. The remote offers Quick Mute (Double-tap volume down key to mute), Quick Setting (Long press Patchwall button to access pictures, sound, and more settings), and Quick Wake (Turn on the TV in less than 5 sec) features.
Redmi Smart TV X50, X55, and X65 specifications
- 50 / 55 / 65-inch (3840 × 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle
- 92% DCPI-3 color gamut, Reality Flow, Auto Low Latency Mode
- Dolby Vision, HDR 10+, HLG
- Quad-core MediaTek MT9611 (A55) processor with Mali G52 MP2 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB storage
- Android 10 with PatchWall
- 3 x HDMI 2.1 with eARC, 2 x USB, Optical, AUX port
- WiFi 802.11 ac (dual band) (2×2 MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, Ethernet
- Dolby Audio, DTS Virtual: X, Dolby Atmos pass-through via e-ARC
- 30W (15W x 2) speakers
- Mi Voice remote
Pricing & Availability
The Redmi Smart TV X50 model comes in at INR 32,999, the X55 costs INR 38,999 and the top-end X65 model goes for INR 57,999. The entire lineup will be available from Amazon, mi.com, Mi Home, and Mi Studio starting March 26th and will be available from other offline partners soon.
The Redmi Smart TVs come in eco-packaging that lets you cut open the box to make a Mi Bunny storage unit.