Xiaomi announced the Mi 10 5G in India a few months back which market the company’s return in the premium segment. The phone right out of the box came with Android 10 with MIUI 11. The Mi 10 5G comes powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC along with support for 5G.
The highlighting feature of the phone is the 108MP camera. It is a sensor made by Samsung that we saw in the S20 Ultra as well. Apart from this, we get the phone in the country in two storage options, 128GB and 256GB. There is a Full HD+ curved AMOLED panel on the front with a punch-hole and 90Hz refresh rate.
Xiaomi this week announced the availability of MIUI 12 for Mi 10 5G for the Indian market based on Android 11 and we will guide you through the whole manual installation process if you haven’t received the OTA yet.
The method we will be following here is the manual installation which is using the updater app. The process is simple, risk-free and you don’t need to unlock the bootloader or flash the ROM using a custom recovery.
MIUI 12 update on Xiaomi Mi 10 5G
We would strongly recommend sticking to the instructions mentioned line by line, so you don’t end up with a bricked smartphone.
- You need to download the MIUI 12 files from here.
- Make sure the device is at least 60% charged.
- Backup all the important data as the process will fully reset the phone.
Procedure to install MIUI 12 using Recovery Method (Updater app)
- Download and transfer the MIUI 12 file into the internal storage of your phone.
- Make sure the battery is charged above 60%.
- Now on your phone, open the Settings app, and pull up the updater page.
- Tap on Menu (three dots) in the top right corner and select the Choose update package option.
- If you don’t see the option of choose package, tap multiple times on the MIUI 11 logo and it should work now.
- After getting into the Choose update package option, Select the MIUI 12 zip file and tap on OK.
- The phone should now initialize the package and start the flashing process.
- Post the initialization, you should see the phone reboot. The first boot can take some time so don’t panic.
If you have followed the above-mentioned steps accurately, your phone should boot with the latest MIUI 12 update. This new MIUI 12 update brings all-new design and animations along with new features such as Super Wallpapers, Floating Window, New Control Center, Enhanced Privacy Protection features such as Interceptor, Flare, Hidden Mask Mode along with some nifty features that were introduced in the Android 11 build and more.