Xiaomi announced the launch of the Redmi Note 7 with Snapdragon 660 AIE SoC in India. At the time of launch, the smartphone comes with MIUI 10 based on Android 10. Soon after the launch, the Redmi Note 7 was discontinued and replaced by the Redmi Note 7s.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7s was exactly the same phone as the Redmi Note 7 with the change in the main camera sensor. In a bid to upgrade the phone, Xiaomi swapped the 12MP found on Note 7 to 48MP on Note 7s. Since both the phones are the same under the hood, they also share the same codename, ‘lavender’, and get the same updates.
Xiaomi just today announced the availability of MIUI 12 for Note 7/7S for the Indian market and we will guide you through the whole manual installation process if you haven’t received the OTA yet.
The method we will be following here is the manual installation guide on how to install MIUI 12 on Redmi Note 7 and Redmi Note 7S using the updater app. The process is simple, risk-free and you don’t need to unlock the bootloader or flash the ROM using a custom recovery.
How To Install Latest MIUI 12 on Redmi Note 7 & Redmi Note 7S
We would strongly recommend sticking to the instructions mentioned line by line, so you don’t end up with a bricked smartphone.
Requirements To Install Latest MIUI 12 on Redmi Note 7 and Note 7S
- You need to download the MIUI 12 files from here.
- Make sure the device is at least 60% charged.
- Back up all the important data as the process will fully reset the phone.
Steps To Install Latest MIUI 12 on Redmi Note 7 & 7S Using Recovery Method (Updater App)
- Download and transfer the MIUI 12 file into the internal storage of your phone.
- Make sure the battery is charged above 60%.
- Now on your phone, open the Settings app, and pull up the updater page.
- Tap on Menu (three dots) in the top right corner and select the Choose update package option.
- If you don’t see the option of choosing the package, tap multiple times on the MIUI 11 logo and it should work now.
- After getting into the Choose update package option, Select the MIUI 12 zip file and tap on OK.
- The phone should now initialize the package and start the flashing process.
- Post the initialization, you should see the phone reboot. The first boot can take some time so don’t panic.
Conclusion – Install Latest MIUI 12 on Redmi Note 7 and Note 7S
If you have followed the above-mentioned steps accurately, your phone should boot with the latest MIUI 12 update. This new MIUI 12 update brings all-new design and animations along with new features such as Super Wallpapers, Floating Window, New Control Center, Enhanced Privacy Protection features such as Interceptor, Flare, Hidden Mask Mode, and more.