The Redmi Note series has always been a hit in the markets, it all started with the Note 3 and Note 4. The Redmi Note 5 Pro carried all the basics and build upon it giving buyers something extra.
Just for a refresher, the Redmi Note 5 Pro launched in 2018 and while Xiaomi doesn’t really offer too many software updates to older phones, still managed to get the MIUI 12 update. The phone comes in with an all-metal build which is sturdy and feels great in the hand. There is a 5.9-inch Full HD+ display upfront with Gorilla Glass protection.
It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC with up to 6GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage. The phone already has the new MIUI 12 update pushed which is based on Android 9 with a planned Android 10 update. Giving the phone a new lease on life. Moving to the optics, there is a dual rear camera setup with a main 12-megapixel sensor which is assisted by a 5-megapixel depth sensor, while we get to see a 20-megapixel selfie shooter upfront. The phone performed well in all major areas given its price.
Xiaomi announced the availability of MIUI 12 for Note 5 Pro for the Indian market and we will guide you through the whole manual installation process if you haven’t received the OTA yet.
The method we will be following here is the manual installation which is using the updater app. The process is simple, risk-free and you don’t need to unlock the bootloader or flash the ROM using a custom recovery.
MIUI 12 update on Redmi Note 5 Pro
We would strongly recommend sticking to the instructions mentioned line by line, so you don’t end up with a bricked smartphone.
- You need to download the MIUI 12 files from here.
- Make sure the device is at least 60% charged.
- Backup all the important data as the process will fully reset the phone.
Procedure to install MIUI 12 using Recovery Method (Updater app)
- Download and transfer the MIUI 12 file into the internal storage of your phone.
- Make sure the battery is charged above 60%.
- Now on your phone, open the Settings app, and pull up the updater page.
- Tap on Menu (three dots) in the top right corner and select the Choose update package option.
- If you don’t see the option of choose package, tap multiple times on the MIUI 11 logo and it should work now.
- After getting into the Choose update package option, Select the MIUI 12 zip file and tap on OK.
- The phone should now initialize the package and start the flashing process.
- Post the initialization, you should see the phone reboot. The first boot can take some time so don’t panic.
If you have followed the above-mentioned steps accurately, your phone should boot with the latest MIUI 12 update. This new MIUI 12 update brings all-new design and animations along with new features such as Super Wallpapers, Floating Window, New Control Center, Enhanced Privacy Protection features such as Interceptor, Flare, Hidden Mask Mode, and more.