Xiaomi developers are working hard on bringing MIUI 12.5 update to more devices each day. After the pushback from the community over the bugs in the MIUI 12 build, Xiaomi did make a new team to iron those out. The latest smartphone to get this latest MIUI 12.5 update is the Xiaomi Mi 10T series smartphone which was launched last year in the Indian market. The new MIUI 12.5 update is heavily focused on security and privacy, with Xiaomi giving the option to users to cut down on preinstalled apps. This update provides a bit more polished experience overall when compared to the current MIUI build.
In this guide, we will show you the steps to download and install this latest update on the Xiaomi Mi 10T and Mi 10T Pro. But before getting started with the guide, let us explore the device first. The Xiaomi Mi 10T 5G is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, comes in a bunch of colors and memory configurations. It is also one of those handfuls of phones that have the new LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3 spec storage. One of the highlighting features of this phone is the Adaptive-Sync display that automatically adjusts the refresh rate between 30Hz to 144Hz.
The Mi 10T carries a 64Mp main sensor while the Pro model bags the much-touted 108MP sensor. Apart from this, there’s a massive 5,000mAh battery that promises to juice the phone for two whole days of usage. To top that massive battery, Xiaomi supplies the phone with fast charging support and a fast-charging brick within the box.
The method we will be following here is the manual installation which is using the updater app. The process is simple, risk-free and you don’t need to unlock the bootloader or flash the ROM using a custom recovery.
Disclaimer: EverythingXiaomi.com is not responsible for any kind of damage to data or devices while performing this task. Flashing a custom ROM and recovery voids the device’s warranty and might result in full data loss. You are proceeding at your own risk.
How To Download & Install MIUI 12.5 Update on Xiaomi Mi 10T & Mi 10T Pro
We would strongly recommend sticking to the instructions mentioned line by line, so you don’t end up with a bricked smartphone.
- You need to download the MIUI 12.5 files from here.
- Make sure the device is at least 60% charged.
- Back up all the important data as the process will fully reset the phone.
Steps to Install MIUI 12.5 update on Xioami Mi 10T & Mi 10T Pro using Recovery Method (Updater app)
- Download and transfer the MIUI 12.5 file into the internal storage of your phone.
- Make sure the battery is charged above 60%.
- Now on your phone, open the Settings app, and pull up the updater page.
- Tap on Menu (three dots) in the top right corner and select the Choose update package option.
- If you don’t see the option of choosing the package, tap multiple times on the MIUI 12 logo and it should work now.
- After getting into the Choose update package option, Select the MIUI 12.5 zip file and tap on OK.
- The phone should now initialize the package and start the flashing process.
- Post the initialization, you should see the phone reboot. The first boot can take some time so don’t panic.
If you followed the above-mentioned steps accurately, the phone should boot with the latest MIUI 12.5 update. At the very first boot, you should notice some new changes, while this new ROM has some of the MIUI 12.5 specific features implemented. More should land on you soon in the coming weeks via OTA updates.