Xiaomi’s sister brand Black Shark has confirmed that the company will introduce the Black Shark 5 series smartphones in China on March 30th. The series 5 is expected to come with the Black Shark 5 and 5 Pro models. The company has shared a set of teasers for smartphones with the feature of ‘escaping gravity’. This signifies that both smartphones w are expected to come with some industry-leading features.
The Black Shark series 5 smartphones are being rumored to come with 6.67-inch 144Hz refresh rate Full HD+ and 2K AMOLED panels depending on the model. The Black Shark 5 is said to be powered by Snapdragon 870 SoC with up to 12GB of RAM while the Pro model is set to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC. Since these are gaming phones, both models are expected to pack gaming triggers, 64MP main sensor on the Black Shark 5 and 108MP main sensor on the Black Shark 5 Pro.
Other features include Glass and metal design language, RGB design touches, gaming boost mode, 120W fast charging support on the Pro model, increased touch sampling rate, and much more.
Black Shark 5 and Shark 5 Pro rumored specsheet
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ AMOLED panel, 144Hz refresh rate (Black Shark 5), 2K AMOLED panel (Black Shark 5 Pro)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (Black Shark 5 Pro)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 (Black Shark 5)
- Upto 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, up to 256GB UFS3.1 storage
- 64MP + 8MP ultra-wide + 5MP macro (Black Shark 5)
- 108MP + 8MP ultra-wide + 5MP macro (Black Shark 5 Pro)
- Android 12, JoyUI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 13MP front camera
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC
- 4,700mAh battery with 120W fast charging