Xiaomi via their social media handles teased the launch of the Mi 11 and MIUI 12.5. The launch has been set for February 8th and the phone will be first announced in the European markets followed by an Indian launch.
Xiaomi India team has also been teasing the launch of two new phones with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 and Snapdragon 870 for the Indian market. These new phones should be launched sometime next month. At the Global launch, we could also see the brand announce the Mi 11 lite which is rumored to be powered by the Snapdragon 732G SoC and a special variant of Mi 10 with Snapdragon 870.
At the same February 8th launch, we will also see the global debut of MIUI 12.5 which is in beta currently for the Chinese market. The new MIUI 12.5 brings some notable changes to UI and a host of privacy features make the cut this time. We covered all the major MIUI 12.5 features in this post, so have a look.
Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications
- 6.81-inch Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate,
- 1500nit brightness, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 SoC
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera (f/1.85), OIS, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens (f/2.4), 5MP telemacro (f/2.4)
- 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera (f/2.4)
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- Hi-Res Audio, Stereo speakers by Harman Kardon
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC
- 4,600mAh battery with 55W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging