Xiaomi made their comeback in the Android tablet space with the Mi Pad 5 series. Right until the launch, both the Mi Pad 5 and Mi Pad 5 Pro has been leaked extensively.
Both these tablets feature an 11-inch 2.5K LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate. These displays also come with HDR10+ certification along with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos support. The Mi Pad 5 is powered by Snapdragon 860 while the Pro version is powered by Snapdragon 870 SoC.
The Mi Pad 5 and Mi Pad 5 Pro feature the same aluminum chassis which resembles that of the iPad Air series. The base Mi Pad 5 model gets four-speaker combination, and the Pro model has an eight-speaker surround sound system. Just like with the iPad Pro series, both these tablets come with stylus support and keyboard attachment. The stylus has 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity and 240Hz touch sampling rate.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 / Mi Pad 5 Pro specifications
- 11-inch (2560 x 1600) LCD 2.5K 16:10 display
- 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR 10, Dolby Vision
- Mi Pad 5 – Snapdragon 860 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 8GB RAM LPDDR5 with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- 13MP rear camera, 5MP depth sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos
- 5G, 4G LTE (Optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (5.2 in Pro), GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, GALILEO
- Mi Pad 5 – 8,720mAh battery with 33W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 91 min
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – 8,600mAh battery with 67W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 67 min
Pricing & Availability
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 comes in Black, White and Green colours. It is priced at 1999 yuan (INR 22,990 approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB Wi-Fi model and the 6GB + 256GB Wi-Fi is being offered for 2299 yuan (INR 26,599 approx.).
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro comes in Black and White colours. It is priced at 2499 yuan (INR 28,900 approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB Wi-Fi model, the 6GB + 256GB Wi-Fi model costs 2799 yuan (INR 32,300 approx.). There is also the 8GB RAM + 256GB 5G model that costs 3499 yuan (INR 40,300 approx.).
The keyboard case and stylus are priced at 399 yuan (INR 4,700 approx.) and 349 yuan (INR 4,000 approx.) respectively. Both the tablets and accessories are available for pre-order starting today and will go on sale in China starting August 16th.