The next big addition to the Redmi Note lineup came in the form of the Redmi Note 6 Pro. This is the very first budget phone from the brand to pack a notched display. One of the highlighting features of the phone is its camera prowess.
Despite being 3 generations old, Redmi has committed to updating the phone due to the sheer amount of userbase. Redmi Note lineup is immensely popular and each year they command a high userbase throughout the globe. The Redmi Note 6 Pro is no stranger to this. While the phone launched with Android 8, there is now a planned Android 10 update but MIUI 12 update has already been pushed.
To give a brief about the phone, the Redmi Note 6 Pro packs a 6.26-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD panel with a notch. Under the hood, it is rocking the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor with up to 64GB of storage and 4GB of RAM. Running all this is a 4,000mAh battery that supports 10W charging speeds.
The build is done with a combination of metal and plastic which gives off a sturdy look and feel. As for the optics, the phone has a dual-camera setup on the rear with a 12-megapixel main sensor which is assisted with a 5-megapixel depth sensor. On the front too we get to see a dual-camera selfie shooter with a main 20-megapixel shooter which is assisted with a 2-megapixel secondary sensor. The phone performed well in all major areas given its price.
Xiaomi announced the availability of MIUI 12 for Note 6 Pro for the Indian market and we will guide you through the whole manual installation process if you haven’t received the OTA yet. The MIUI 12 update is stable for the most part and during our limited time with smartphones, we did not encounter any bugs.
The method we will be following here is the manual installation which is using the updater app. The process is simple, risk-free and you don’t need to unlock the bootloader or flash the ROM using a custom recovery.
MIUI 12 update on Redmi Note 6 Pro
We would strongly recommend sticking to the instructions mentioned line by line, so you don’t end up with a bricked smartphone.
- You need to download the MIUI 12 files from here.
- Make sure the device is at least 60% charged.
- Backup all the important data as the process will fully reset the phone.
Procedure to install MIUI 12 using Recovery Method (Updater app)
- Download and transfer the MIUI 12 file into the internal storage of your phone.
- Make sure the battery is charged above 60%.
- Now on your phone, open the Settings app, and pull up the updater page.
- Tap on Menu (three dots) in the top right corner and select the Choose update package option.
- If you don’t see the option of choose package, tap multiple times on the MIUI 11 logo and it should work now.
- After getting into the Choose update package option, Select the MIUI 12 zip file and tap on OK.
- The phone should now initialize the package and start the flashing process.
- Post the initialization, you should see the phone reboot. The first boot can take some time so don’t panic.
If you followed the above-mentioned steps accurately, the phone should boot with the latest MIUI 12 update. This new MIUI 12 update brings all-new design and animations along with new features such as Super Wallpapers, Floating Window, New Control Center, Enhanced Privacy Protection features such as Interceptor, Flare, Hidden Mask Mode, and more.