Xiaomi launched their first budget 5G smartphone the Mi 10i a couple of months back in the Indian market. While the phone was slated to be announced with the latest MIUI 12.5. It launched with the MIUI 12 build because of the delayed Global launch for the new build.
Now Xiaomi engineers are at work on bringing their recent product lineup onto the MIUI 12.5 update and the latest smartphone to get it is the Mi 10i. There are some notable changes compared to MIUI 12 which are much more prominent on higher tier smartphones.
In this guide, we will show you the steps to download and install this latest update on the Xiaomi Mi 10i. But before getting started with the guide, let us explore the device first. The phone comes with a 6.67-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, Adaptive sync variable refresh rate which can switch between 144Hz, 120Hz, 90Hz, 60Hz, 50Hz, 48Hz and 30Hz depending on the application that is running. The phone is powered by the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 750 5G SoC and come in 6/8GB RAM variants with up to 128GB UFS2.2 storage.
In terms of optics, the phone will feature the flagship Samsung made 108MP HM2 sensor, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, 2-megapixel super macro and a 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots. Since the phone has an LCD panel, we get to see a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Z-axis linear vibration motor, a 360-degree Ambient light sensor, Gorilla Glass 5 protection and IP53 water resistance.
The method we will be following here is the manual installation which is using the updater app. The process is simple, risk-free and you don’t need to unlock the bootloader or flash the ROM using a custom recovery.
Disclaimer: EverythingXiaomi.com is not responsible for any kind of damage to data or device while performing this task. Flashing a custom ROM and recovery voids the device’s warranty and might result in full data loss. You are proceeding at your own risk.
MIUI 12.5 update on Xiaomi Mi 10i
We would strongly recommend sticking to the instructions mentioned line by line, so you don’t end up with a bricked smartphone.
- You need to download the MIUI 12.5 files from here.
- Make sure the device is at least 70% charged.
- Back up all the important data as the process will fully reset the phone.
Procedure to install MIUI 12.5 using Recovery Method (Updater app)
- Download and transfer the MIUI 12.5 file into the internal storage of your phone.
- Make sure the battery is charged above 70%.
- Now on your phone, open the Settings app, and pull up the updater page.
- Tap on Menu (three dots) in the top right corner and select the Choose update package option.
- If you don’t see the option of choosing the package, tap multiple times on the MIUI 12 logo and it should work now.
- After getting into the Choose update package option, Select the MIUI 12.5 zip file and tap on OK.
- The phone should now initialize the package and start the flashing process.
- Post the initialization, you should see the phone reboot. The first boot can take some extra time, so don’t panic.
If the above-mentioned steps were followed accurately, the phone should boot with the latest MIUI 12.5 update. At the very first boot, you should notice some new changes, while this new ROM has some of the MIUI 12.5 specific features implemented. More should land on you soon in the coming weeks via OTA updates.