We saw Redmi announce the Redmi 9 Power late last year in India. At the time of launch, the phone was launched in two RAM and storage configurations. But now it is being speculated that a new 6GB RAM variant is in the works and can be launched by the brand in India soon.
If some reports are to be believed, the new 6GB RAM, 128GB storage variant of the Redmi 9 Power will come at a sticker price of INR 12,999. For those unaware, the currently available 4GB + 64GB and 4GB + 128GB variants are sold for ₹10,999 and ₹11,999 in the country. It will be interesting to see this happen, considering the fact that the Poco M3 is being offered with 6GB RAM across all variants.
Just to recap, the Redmi 9 Power features a 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD Dotdrop screen with a 90.34% screen-to-body ratio and an all polycarbonate build. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 SoC, packs a Quad camera setup on the back with a 48-megapixel primary sensor along with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, 2-megapixel 4cm macro sensor, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is also an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
Redmi 9 Power specifications
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD screen
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 662 SoC with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- 48MP Samsung GM1 sensor (f/1.79), 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor (f/2.2), 2MP depth sensor and 2MP macro sensor (f/2.4)
- 8MP front camera (f/2.0)
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, IR sensor, FM Radio, Stereo speakers
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (dual band), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 6,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging