We saw POCO announce the X3 Pro in the Indian market a few weeks back and the phone has seen tremendous outpour from the customers. In typical POCO fashion, the brand has been struggling with the stocks, and the phone is expected to be on open sale next week.
But before that, POCO has released the Kernel source of the X3 Pro over at Github. Seeing how popular POCO F1 was in the developer community it is safe to say that after this development, we could likely see mods in the next few weeks. The brand launched the X3 Pro targetting the power user and gamers who wouldn’t want to sacrifice the raw performance.
The X3 Pro is the very first smartphone in the market to come with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 SoC. This is a 4G chipset and bumped-up version of the Snapdragon 855+. The only spec bump between the regular POCO X3 and the X3 Pro is the high-performance processor while other aspects like cameras have seen some downgrade.
POCO X3 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ LCD panel
- 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10
- Corning Gorilla 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 processor with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Rear Cameras: 48MP Sony IMX582 sensor (f/1.79), 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor (f/2.2), 2MP depth, and 2MP 4cm macro sensor
- Front Camera: 20MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Splash resistant (IP53)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (dual-band), VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou
- 5,160mAh battery with 33W fast charging