We have been seeing the influx of many more Xiaomi and Redmi phones getting the MIUI 12.5 update. MIUI 12.5 has been so far quite good on most of the phones. It has been far better optimized for smartphones, which the current MIUI 12 update wasn’t.
A while back we reported that the Redmi K20 Pro is the latest smartphone to get the MIUI 12.5 update. A phone was launched in the Indian market at least two years ago and to date has been a fan favorite. MIUI 12.5 has been stable so far on other smartphones and has more or less eliminated most of the MIUI 12 shortcomings. The OTA has started hitting the phones and should be gradually rolling out to users over the course of the next few weeks.
But if you cannot wait to get the OTA, in this guide, we will show you the steps to download and install this latest update on the Xiaomi Mi 10i. But before getting started with the guide, let us explore the device first.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Specifications Overview
Redmi K20 Pro came with a large full view AMOLED display which had no cutouts or notch. Instead, the phone came with a pop-up camera mechanism. Right out of the box, the phone ran on MIUI 11 based on Android 9.0. It was powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset and came in a bunch of RAM and memory configurations.
In terms of optics, there was a triple camera setup on the back with a main 48MP sensor which was assisted by a 13MP ultra-wide and 8MP telephoto sensor. The front pop-up sensor was 20MP and produced some really good selfies. In terms of battery, there was a rather decent 4,000mAh battery inside with support for 27W fast charging.
The method we will be following here is the manual installation which is using the updater app. The process is simple, risk-free and you don’t need to unlock the bootloader or flash the ROM using a custom recovery.
Disclaimer: EverythingXiaomi.com is not responsible for any kind of damage to data or devices while performing this task. Flashing a custom ROM and recovery voids the device’s warranty and might result in full data loss. You are proceeding at your own risk.
How To Download & Install MIUI 12.5 Update on Redmi K20 Pro
We would strongly recommend sticking to the instructions mentioned line by line, so you don’t end up with a bricked smartphone.
- You need to download the MIUI 12.5 files from here.
- Make sure the device is at least 70% charged.
- Before getting into the guide, back up all the important data as the process will fully reset the phone.
Step To Install MIUI 12.5 Update on Redmi K20 Pro Using Recovery Method (Updater app)
- Download and transfer the latest MIUI 12.5 file into the internal storage of your phone.
- Make sure the battery is charged above 70%.
- On your phone, open the Settings app, and pull up the updater page.
- Tap on Menu (three dots) in the top right corner and select the Choose update package option.
- If you don’t see the option of choosing the package, tap multiple times on the MIUI 12 logo and it should work now.
- After getting into the Choose update package option, Select the MIUI 12.5 zip file and tap on OK.
- The phone should now initialize the package and start the flashing process.
- Post the initialization, you should see the phone reboot. The first boot can take some extra time, so don’t panic.
If the above-mentioned steps are followed accurately, your phone should boot with the latest MIUI 12.5 update. At the very first boot, you will notice some changes. While this new ROM has some of the MIUI 12.5 specific features implemented, more will be pushed on the phone soon in the coming weeks via OTA updates.